Instructional Technology Resource Teacher, 2009 - Present
- Assisted teachers with the implementation of technology into their classroom instruction.
- Provided training and staff development on technology at the school and district wide levels.
- Performed minor troubleshooting of technical problems.
- Advised school administrators on the purchase of hardware and software.
- Created and maintained the high school social studies, Social Media, Social Media Safety, and Google tools resource pages on the RPS Technology Resources website.
- Created and maintained social media accounts, grew their following, and used them to showcase the amazing things occurring within one of my schools. Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Greater Richmond Area Education Technology Consortium Committee Member, 2017-Present
Summer School Teacher, 2012 - 2018
- Summers, 2012-2014: Wrote and taught a summer school technology enrichment course to middle school students.
- Summers, 2015-2016, 2018: Taught a computer programming course using the Code.org curriculum to middle school students.
- Summer, 2017: Library Media Specialist; supported staff and students in their use of the library media center during the summer school session.
Social Studies Teacher, 2005 - 2009
- Taught 9th grade World Geography aligned to the Virginia Standards of Learning.
- Lead World Geography teacher during the 2006-2007 school year overseeing three first year teachers.
- Provided after school tutoring to students in need of extra help.
- Incorporated technology into the curriculum through the use of webquests, cyberhunts, and various software programs and websites.
- Created from scratch many of the assignments used to ensure alignment with the Virginia Standards of Learning.
- Provided assistance to other members of the staff whenever needed particularly in the area of troubleshooting technology problems.
Americorps Reading Tutor, 2004 – 2005
- Reading coach/tutor for five students.
- Created daily lesson plans.
- Assisted elsewhere in a 2nd grade classroom and in the school as needed.