Instructional Technology Resource Teacher, 2009 - Present
Office of Professional Development, Richmond Public Schools, Richmond, Virginia
- Assisted teachers with the implementation of technology into their classroom instruction.
- Provided training and staff development on technology at the school and district wide levels.
- Performed minor troubleshooting of technical problems.
- Advised school administrators on the purchase of hardware and software.
- Created and maintained the high school social studies, Social Media, Social Media Safety, and Google tools resource pages on the RPS Technology Resources website.
- Created and maintained social media accounts, grew their following, and used them to showcase the amazing things occurring at Albert H. Hill Middle School; Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Summer Camp Instructor, 2019
CodeVirginia, Richmond, Virginia
- Facilitated week-long summer camp classes on Intro to VEX Robotics and Game Making.
- Introduced students to robotics using the VEX IQ system and guided them in designing, building, and programming a robot.
- Introduced students to the basics of video game design and guided them in creating their own game utilizing the Game Maker Lite software.
Summer School Teacher, 2012 - 2018
Richmond Public Schools, Richmond, Virginia
- Summers, 2012-2014: Wrote and taught a summer school technology enrichment course to middle school students.
- Summers, 2015-2016, 2018: Taught a computer programming course using the Code.org curriculum to middle school students.
- Summer, 2017: Library Media Specialist; supported staff and students in their use of the library media center during the summer school session.
Social Studies Teacher, 2005 - 2009
Huguenot High School, Richmond Public Schools, Richmond, Virginia
- Taught 9th grade World Geography aligned to the Virginia Standards of Learning.
- Lead World Geography teacher during the 2006-2007 school year overseeing three first year teachers.
- Provided after school tutoring to students in need of extra help.
- Incorporated technology into the curriculum through the use of webquests, cyberhunts, and various software programs and websites.
- Created from scratch many of the assignments used to ensure alignment with the Virginia Standards of Learning.
- Provided assistance to other members of the staff whenever needed particularly in the area of troubleshooting technology problems.